Mother Dear


 Mother Dear

 

Dear mother you carried me

When no one else could.

Asymmetry though you be;

Proudly you carried.

 

The smell of food was foreign,

Your food I ejected.

Nothing was comfortable

But, put up you did.

 

Nine months discomfort and pain,

Still cared for my dad.

Through such pain no man has known

With joy you birthed me.

 

Counted ten toes and fingers

Perfection assured.

With love and tender caring

You kissed and caressed.

 

Sleepless nights just not ending,

Worried prayers ascend.

I trip and fall skinning knees

Your heart’s in your mouth.

 

Painful are partings, goodbyes

Love can’t eat or sleep.

Such joy visits, phone calls bring

Love starved soul revives.

 

Mother love is God’s love seen.

True it’s true how true!

It’s hard to say, “goodbye mom”

Don’t ever want to.

 

I love you Amma. No one else is Amma!

 

Yeanoku  5/10/2021.

Comments

  1. Am deeply grateful for mothers. Motherhood is truly among the loftiest of roles to which one can aspire.
    - Peter Nigel B.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Walk with ME… Isaiah 1:18

At Calvary's Cross

Love and Live!